Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8 - Tuesday

Left Spencer, WV around 7:20am after a very hearty, homemade breakfast! A great start to the day. It was 50 degrees and foggy! Took Rt 2 along the Ohio River from Point Pleasant. The fog had lifted and temps were in upper 60s. That was a beautiful ride with the Ohio River in sight about the entire ride. Arrived in Huntington and visited with an ole college buddy that I had not seen in 36 years!!

Went by Charlie's HD  in Huntington. A very nice Harley shop. Bought a botttle of octane boost as I am sure I will need on my way to Alaska. Headed on west on I64 through Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois for 489 miles total. Had a traffic jam coming into Louisville (a "double wide" was too wide for a single lane road construction barrier and got stuck blocking all the west bound lanes! I had to take a detour through the Kentucky countryside north of Louisville. It was a nice break from the interstate and saw some beautiful Kentucky countryside. It was 90 degrees in southern Indiana. Had to take the jacket off and go in a tee shirt. Started to rain about 30 miles from my destination of Mt Vernon, IL, so had to put the rain suit on under a bridge on the interstate. Got to the motel and picked up a Fat Tire beer and life was good for another day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment