Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16 - Wednesday

Travelled 533 miles today from Lloydminster, Alberta to Dawson Creek, British Columbia. I have now done 3,655 miles since last Monday.

I MADE IT to the zero milepost of the Alaskan Highway.

Had nice weather today. A little cool this morning and around 70 later. Clear to scattered clouds. NO RAIN!! Edmonton is a large city. Passed through around 10 am with no traffic problems. Stopped several times to get gas (I am now in the area where I stop and get gas every time I see a gas station!!) I did pull in and leave a couple since they only sold regular too.

Talked to a trucker from Whitecourt, Alberta at a truck stop for about 30 minutes since he was picking up his new first Harley tomorrow (a 2010 Ultra Limited in red/black).

He was really excited and wanted to talked about all the things I have added to mine. I have already gone by and taken all the customary pictures here of the Alaska Highway signs.

A couple from Nebraska pulled in after me that are on their way to Alaska too. Will be interesting if I see them again over the next 1,400 miles of the journey. Since the sun comes up around 3:30 am tomorrow here I am going to try and get an early start to get about 500 miles done.

No comments:

Post a Comment