Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28 - Monday

Well, I am back in the good ole USA tonight. Started this morning waking up to a beautiful view out the bedroom window at the home of Hermann & Joann in Hinton, Alberta. Hermann and I did a lot of motorcycle talking, with him showing me all the customizing he has done to his Deluxe to make it into a great touring bike for he and Joann. Wow, it was a lot more fun and easier talking to Hermann in person then on the internet through the HD Forum!! : >)  aid goodbyes and I headed out to Jasper and the Icefields Parkway along the Canadian Rockies. Started out with beautiful weather but the clouds and rain moved in near the Columbia Icefield on the Parkway. Temperature went to 50 degrees F too!! Could have taken a lot more pictures of the beautiful scenery had it not been for the rain and fog! Did see a group of elk up close along the road and a herd of bighorn sheep in a field.

There were a lot of RV's and tour busses in the park today (apparently the speed limits do not apply to the tour busses as they were flying around me many times - a little messy in the rain!).


This reminded me of Yellowstone on a midday in August!! Was going up to Mount Edith Cavell Road but it was closed completly due to construction. Hit a looong line of major constructuion on the south end coming into Banff. Had plenty of time to check my motorcycle out and eat lots of snacks!!!

The weather cleared after I left Banff. Did 489 miles and make it to Whitefish, MT. Nice motel, the owner brought out clean rags for my motorcycle and put them on the seat before I had everything unpacked.

Then he offered their water hose out front to wash my DIRTY bike, which I DID!! (Gees, I hope I don't as obsessed as Keith on keeping my bike clean!!). (Speaking of Keith!!) I am planning to be at The Huckleberry Patch restaurant in the morning for some Huckleberry pancakes and Huckleberry coffee!! They open at 7 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment