Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 20 - Sunday

Did 442 miles today. Rode to Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula in southern Alaska. Very scenic area with lots of snow covered mountains and glaciers.

I learned a lot about glaciers too. Stopped at a lodge and had a homemade cinnamon bun on the way.

The lady asked me if I wanted it warmed up with hot butter on it!! Duh, I gave a real quick answer!! Boy was that good with hot coffee. It was chilly the entire day with temps in the upper 50's. Saw a moose cow with her calf in a pond next to the road. Beautiful ride coming out of Anchorage around the inlet to the peninsula.

Everything is BIG in Alaska. It was about 50 miles just around the inlet!!! Even had a train along the way! I stopped in the town of Cooper Landing and got the last room at the Sunrise Inn.


 A really neat place with great food, of course!! For whatever reason I could not get my netbook to connect to their wireless internet. They had a 10 digit hex passcode!! My old handheld palm connected just fine. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment