Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29 - Tuesday

Had a 494 mile ride today from Whitefish to Billings, Montana. Had breakfast this moring at the Huckleberry Patch in Hungry Horse, MT.


They were very good. Had to have a piece of pie and ice cream too, so my breakfast and lunch were combined!! hehe!  Keith and I had visited the Huckleberry Patch restaurant 3 years ago on our cross USA trip of 2007 (hard to believe that was 3 whole years ago!). It was exactly the same! Headed down RT 35 on the east side of Flathead Lake (based on the advice of another Harley rider I met at the restaurant). It was a beautiful ride.

Headed on down US 93 to I90 at Missoula and east to Billings. Nice road for interstate all the way and nice scenery. Stopped at Billings as there were dark clouds ahead. Just as I finished unpacking the bike, the rain stated. Even had some pea size hail!! Hope that is all gone by morning. Plan to visit the Little Bighorn National Park in the morning to see where Custer met his fate!! Looks like I have about 2,500 miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment