Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17 - Thursday

Well, I made it up 456 miles of the Alaska Highway today. What a ride!! Saw 4 black bears, 4 wolves, several deer and a bunch of sheep.


 Did 187 miles between gas stations too. Glad I had my spare tanks. Didn't use them yet, but made me a lot more comfortable! Experienced the gravel patches and frost upheavals on the road. Had about a 45 minute wait on road construction coming thru the Rockies. The nice flaglady let me move to the front of the line. The dust was really bad! I had an "ice road trucker" behind me and he stayed up with me for the most part (I left him on a long up hill later!!)

 I am at The Northern Rockies Lodge tonight on Muncho Lake.

It is a beautiful place.Sunset is around 10:30 pm tonight and sunrise is around 4am in the morning. That is really cool. Hope to get at least 500 miles on up the Highway tomorrow. Will be in the Yukon!


No comments:

Post a Comment