Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15 - Tuesday

Did 578 miles today. I am in Lloydminster, Alberta tonight. Joe and I "parted" this morning with him starting his journey back to Richmond and me to Alaska.

I crossed the border at a little crossing on US 85 coming out of the US. The crossing didn't even open until 9 am. There was no one else there the entire time I was there at the crossing. The advantage to one of this little crossings is that yopu do not have to wait in line, the disadvantage is the border officials are bored so they like to run you thru the complete process! Two border guards were totally dedicated to me and the complete searching of my entire bike. All the bags off and looked in! (They even took my rainsuit apart and looked in all the pockets and then asked me to put it back together!) Anyway, I eventually passed and they let me in the country of Canada.

 I think the real driver was when they first asked me where I was headed and I told them Alaska, so they thought I was at least nuts, so they had better check me real close!! I stopped at the Bank of Montreal in the town of Weyburn and got some Canadian dollars to spend! The weather was great in the morning. Started a few sprinkles around Regina, so I put the rainsuit on. Didnt need it as the weather was great all the way, stayed in the 70's too. I am half way to Dawson Creek and the start of the Alaskan Highway. Should make it there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment