Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24 - Thursday

I am back in Whitehorse, Yukon today.

I got up at 4 am Alaska time this morning and left the motel by 5 am, since I would "lose" an hour as soon as I crossed the Canada border.  It was another chilly morning. Around 47 degrees, so the heated gear was on and it felt good! Made a gas stop and tire air check and headed the 100 miles to the border crossing.

This time crossing in to Canada was quick and easy. Took all of about 30 seconds and the border guard waved me though! I guess they make a lot of safe assumptions on the US citizens crossing on the Alaska Highway. I stopped in Beaver Creek, Yukon to have breakfast from a neat little place run by an interesting Canadian guy.

 He made a very good bacon, egg & cheese sandwich. We talked for a while and I even bought something from him for my wife (hehe, Libby, that will make you curious!) Took a few more pics of the great scenery as it really does look different coming the other way!!

Weather was nice and stayed in the upper 50's. Made it to Whitehorse. The motel I stayed at before was already booked up so I ended up at a different one. Had a great dinner of fresh halibut!! 398 miles today.


No comments:

Post a Comment