Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 7 (Friday, August 5) - Canon City, CO to Grand Junction, CO - 305 miles


Dave had told me about a great little breakfast place in Texas Creek, CO. He couldn't remember the name of it, but that was alright as it was the only place in the entire town!! I left Canon City in time to get there right after they opened at 7 am. It was another great local place for breakfast. Lots of regulars and great food. Probably the biggest cup I have ever had for my coffee!!

Left there and headed on west on US 50. It was 57 degrees on top of Monarch Pass! I realized that I had now experienced a 60 degree temperature swing from when I was in Kansas just a few days ago!






Took Rt 92 north from Gunnison. That was a fun road with great scenery of the canyons and lots of curves. Headed on up to the Grand Mesa (Rt 65) and on into Grand Junction. This was another great ride as you go from around 5,000 feet in elevation to over 10,000 feet on top of the mesa and then back down to around 4,000 feet over about 40 miles.




Heading "south" tomorrow toward the Grand Canyon. Not sure where I will end up tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment