Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

2012 Four Corners Tour


Well I am looking more and more at doing the Four Corners Tour in 2012 (http://www.usa4corners.org/). Probably do it in the month of July 2012. I don't like cold and am just afraid of cold weather in the North during the month of June. I went to Alaska in June of 2010 so that I could be there on the first day of summer (June 21). It was cold a lot and even had a foot of snow in Wyoming as I was passing through and had to change my route because of the snow, so I plan to avoid June!! Here is my present planned route:



I plan to ride to Key West, FL to start and end at Madawaska, ME. Also, I do not want to cross over into Canada for the trip across the Northern US. (If this is a Four Corners USA then I want to stay in the USA for the entire trip!) Most riders end up going through Canada from Blaine, WA to Madawaska, ME as that is the fastest & shortest distance. I also plan to ride in the remaining states (Louisiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island. That will take care of all the US states except for Hawaii and I will not make that one! Here is my present map of visited states on my motorcycle:




If anyone reading this has made the Four Corners Tour, please let me know if you have any tips on routes, places to visit along the road, preparation, logistics, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment