Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

USA4CT Summary

  • Total miles on my bike odometer for the entire trip was 11,473 miles. 
  • We had 7 days of over 600 miles with one day over 700
  • Our average daily was 478 miles 
  • On the four days from Florida City, FL to Gila Bend, AZ we traveled 2,527 miles in four days at an average of 632 miles per day.
  • Total length of trip was 24 days (May 29 - June 21) 
  • Traveled through 30 states
  • The total time we spend in the motorcycle saddle moving was 195 hours, 40 minutes and 58 seconds
  • Our average day in the motorcycle saddle moving was 8 hours, 9 minutes and 12 seconds
  • The total distance for the USA4CT tour (from Madawaska, ME to Blaine, WA) was 7,033 miles
  • Completed the USA4CT in 15 days (June 1-15)
  • Only mechanical problems with motorcycles were minor. Bills LCD radio display went blank. I had an intermittent left front signal flashing fast (both happened in Tropical Storm Andrea - we "think" both were water related!!!!)
  • Only had our rainsuits on for 3 days (all in Florida). Never had our rainsuits on outside of Florida!! 21 DAYS OF SUNSHINE!!!
  •  Favorite "corner" was Madawaska, ME
  • Least favorite "corner" was Key West, FL (although that was probably weather and "Keystone" cop related!!
  • Met two other riders currently on the USA4CT, Keith & Sharon from Fayetteville, Georgia. Met them in Florida City, FL
  • Met 4 other USA4CT finishers along the way, Joe in Madawaska, ME; Harold in Santee, SC; Marty in Crater Lake, OR; and Charles in Blaine, WA
  • Met one HD Forum member, Jeff, in Fort Pierce, FL
  • Only bought ONE Harley t shirt (Caribou, Maine)
  • Got one oil change on the road (Wildhorse HD in Bend, OR)
  • Best motorcycle accessory: Bill's back seat ice cooler!!!!!!!!!!
  • Best overnight stop was Crater Lake National Park
  • Maximum air temperature was 112 degrees in Arizona
  • Lowest air temperature was 26 degrees in Oregon
  • Our lowest elevation was sea level and highest was 7,672 along the rim of Crater Lake, OR
  • We had tropical rain in Florida, desert heat in Arizona and mountain SNOW in Oregon 
  • Saw 3 moose, lots of elk, lots of deer, 1 coyote, 1 fox,  1 dead cougar & 1 snake
  • A bottle of Scotch will last through the four corners of the US, if you only have one shot at each corner!! Proven!!










 My Overall theme songs for the USA4CT: 



Took a look down a westbound road,
Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler,
I was tired of my own voice
Took a bead on the northern plains
And just rolled that power on

Twelve hours out of mackinaw city
Stopped in a bar to have a brew
We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feelin' free

Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold

Stood alone on a mountain top,
Starin' out at the great divide
I could go east, I could go west,
It was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin'
And my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singin'

Roll, roll me away,
I'm gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rollin, gotta keep ridin',
Keep searchin' till I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right



















Born to be Wild

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way

Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild








 

Song for each of the 24 mornings we got up:

On The Road Again

On the road again -
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again -
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way
And our way
is on the road again.
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turning our way
And our way
is on the road again.
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
And I can't wait to get on the road again. 











Daily Trip Reports


GPS Data





Map of States we traveled through


















































The actual GPS track map

















The Four Corners Pictures
























Madawaska, ME







Key West, FL

San Ysidro, CA

























Blaine, WA










THE END














































































































































































































































3 comments: