Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

2012 Trip "Out West" - Sun, Day 2 (Athens, OH to Eureka, MO)

Well a big day, rode 555 miles today from Athens, OH to Eureka, MO. Didn't stay on US 50, got on SR 32 instead. It looked like 4 lane all the way to Cincinnati and I had enough of the two land US 50 the previous day! SR 32 was a fantastic road. No traffic and just a nice road for early in the morning. I did meet a family from Arlington, VA at a rest stop on SR32. They were travelling back home from visiting relatives in Cincinnati. They had noticed my license plate from VA and started a conversation.

At Cincinnati I decided to jump on I71 to Louisville and take I64 over to St Louis. I realized that it would be good to get through St Louis on a Sunday instead of early on a Monday!! I know that was a smart move. I cruised straight through "downtown" St Louis on I64. It was neat approaching and seeing the "Arch" up close. I never had a real desire to go up in it. Approaching it from the east and going by it up close made me realize that I was then "Out West" and west of the Mississippi River!!

Didn't get a single picture this day. Just pounded out the miles. Not much, if anything, to take a picture of along this route. I did go though 5 states today (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment