Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

2012 Trip "Out West" - Mon, Day 3 (Eureka, MO to Newton, KS)

Started off the morning with a great breakfast at the Denny's next door to the motel. It was good and had all the basic food groups so it was nutritious (hey, it even had fruit).


I was back on US 50 through Missouri. The road was nice from Union through Jefferson City to Sedalia. I noticed signs in Sedalia about a BMW rally going on. Stay turned as that comes up again with a guy I meet several days later! I stopped at a couple of Harley dealers along the way to take breaks and cool off a little.



Even though it was mid afternoon, traffic was pretty heavy going through Kansas City and I even stayed on southern beltway. It was a little hectic and was getting hotter by the minute! In Kansas US 50 jumps on I 35 for at least 100 miles. This was a hard ride as it was hot and heavy traffic. Here I was at a rest stop on I-35 with the air temp around 108!!!!:

Made it 426 HOT miles today. Pulled in to a Best Western in Newton, KS. One of the reasons I stopped there was a Montana Mike's steakhouse next door. I had been seeing the signs on the interstate about it and it looked good. Well, guess what, they are closed on Mondays!! I stayed at the Best Western anyway. It was nice. The only place around to eat was a Braums. I had never heard of it. The desk clerk said they had the best hamburgers she had ever eaten. It was great. I had their new 4 cheese burger and it was really good. The store even had a fresh foods grocery section in it too and it was open till 11pm. I went back by later and bought some fresh fruit and a gallon of water. All in all a great stop!








No comments:

Post a Comment