Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Daytona Trip - Last 2 days (for awhile!!!) Part 1

Well, it has taken me some time to get this written for the last two days of my trip to Daytona. The first of those two days was great, the second one was not so great as you will see, if you don't know why already!!

I got up on Saturday in Yemassee, SC and it was just a beautiful sunny, cool morning. All the rain was gone just as the forecast said. Had a great FREE breakfast at the next door Denny's complements of the Best Western motel I was staying at.

There was a second bike parked securely at the motel lobby as I came out.

This was a beautiful custom blue "Ultra" owned by Kevin from Maryland heading for Daytona. He was lucky that he missed the rain but saw it up ahead and pulled into the motel for the night. His bike even had the blue Dakota digital gauges in the dash and of course in the inner fairing was painted blue too! Kevin and I talked. He does a lot of long distance riding too. He had ridden straight from Maryland last fall to Biketoberfest, stayed there for 12 hours and rode straight back to Maryland as an example. I told him about the four corners tour and he had not heard of it and was excited to learn more and maybe do the ride also this summer. I gave him the web site and we parted ways.

It was only in the 40s so the heated gear was on and up I95 I went. Stopped at the Harley shop in Florence. Nice little shop out in the middle of nowhere. Nice folks. Took a break and headed on over to Wilmington to spend the night with my daughter and wife. It was a nice leisurely bike trip on some nice roads. Now on to tomorrow Sunday, March 11!!

No comments:

Post a Comment