Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012 Riding Season has started!!

The 2012 riding season has "officially" started with my trip to Daytona! (going down to spend a couple days at the start of Daytona and hopefully avoid all the crowds of actual bike week!)


Left this morning around 10 am heading for Wilmington, NC to spend the first night with my daughter. It was a cold morning but beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies! It was in the 40's leaving so the heated gloves and jacket felt good. As a matter of fact, the heated gear felt good all day as I never saw temps above the mid 50's!!

Only ran upon one other motorcyclists today at a rest stop in North Carolina. He was heading to Southern Alabama from Chesapeake, VA. He was planning to get home today to Alabama. He had a pretty good ride ahead of him since that was around noon! Kinda funny, my hearing is not too good anyway and it is even worse after riding for a few hours and I had a hard time understanding his southern Alabama accent. I picked up a few words but it was mainly a one sided conversations with me saying "yelp",   "that's right", "I bet" hope you have a safe trip"!!

Also, had to pay over $4 a gallon for premium gas for the first time in many years today coming down I95! My real hope is that we don't see $5 a gallon by this summer!!!

Got to Wilmington around 5pm and got "checked in" at my daughter's house! We were planning to go out to dinner, but I got a call from my daughter around 5:15 that she had just got bitten by a cat at the office (she is a veterinarian), so we ended up at a urgent care facility since it bit all the way to the joint on her knuckle!! She had to get it cleaned, bandaged and on antibiotics. So we made it to dinner a little later. Had a Fat Tire on draft with a shrimp Po Boy sandwich & sweet potato fries!

Planning the route to head on south for tomorrow toward Florida. Think I will just head down US 17 and pick up I95 near the Georgia border.

No comments:

Post a Comment