Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

All broken in!!

Well, gotta get back to doing some posting of my motorcycle riding. My orthopedic Dr certified me good to go a couple of weeks ago!! No more return visits. He said I can do anything I feel like doing (He said to just be careful and don't break anything else!! That was good advice!!). So, after 12 weeks and 1 day, I am officially recovered from my accident from back on March 11! 


I now have over 2,800 miles on the odometer of my 2012 Ultra Limited. Got the first 1,000 miles service done a couple of weeks ago. I have already scheduled my 5,000 mile service for July 13. Should easily make that and may need to move it up a few days if they have another appointment!! I slowed down a bit a couple of weeks ago when Harley Davidson announced a "recall" on the 2012 bikes with a certain date range of voltage regulators. My date was smack dab in the middle of the recall range!! I was a little worried that mine would fail and a lot of them were and leave me stranded somewhere. My dealer got the replacements in last week and I got mine replaced last Thursday. I am all good to go now!! Here are some of the trips I have taken over the past few weeks:




My friend, Mark, on his new 2012 Heritage and I cruised down to Roanoke Rapids to eat at Ralph's BBQ one weekend. Hard to beat Ralph's BBQ. That is some good eatin'!!!


I made a three day trip down to Wilmington, NC to visit my daughter. She on her 2000 Sportster and I rode down to Beach House Harley shop in Shallotte, NC just north of Myrtle Beach one day. Great ride together. This was my first "long" ride after my accident. It felt really good and I had no problems with my shoulder or collar bone!!


This past Saturday, friend Johnny and I did a 320 mile ride across Central and Western Virginia visiting 9 stops on the 2012 Motorcycle Grand Tour of Virginia, One of our stops was at Waugh Harley Davidson in Orange, VA.



 This was at  Culpeper. Thought this was a neat pic of our bikes in front of the old caboose!

We had lunch at Hank's Smokehouse in McGaheysville. This sandwich was called the Double Whammy!! It had both beef brisket and pork on it. It was really good with some of Hank's Famous Whiskey BBQ sauce on it!

Before we headed back to Richmond, we had to stop at Shenandoah Harley Davidson in Staunton. This is one of, if not the nicest Harley Davidson shops anywhere. The view from the shop of the Blue Ridge Mountains is beautiful.

We got back home after over 300 miles, about 12 hours and 9 more Motorcycle Grand Tour of Virginia sites visited!

No comments:

Post a Comment