Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First Day of February!

WOW, what a start to February 2012. Another 70 degree day, a few clouds, but otherwise a nice sunny day and another great day for a motorcycle ride! First on the agenda was the need to fix my broken footboard!

There is almost nothing that can't be fixed on a motorcycle with duct tape and/or wire ties!!! This time I went with the more classy look and used some of my valuable black wire ties from my tool bag. Worked like a champ! I did take the opportunity today to call my local Harley shop and put on hold a new set of Nostalgic Collection Rider Foorboard Inserts (50187-96). I plan to pick them up this Saturday during our HOG chapter meeting time as we get 10% off at the dealer!!

Did 70 miles today from Flat Rock to Robious Road to Cosby Road to Cartersville and back on SR 13. The footboard did great!

So far it has been easy to get several nice rides in for the winter months in Richmond. Hope that will continue for the rest of February. There are always some nice days in March. It this weather continues I might have to look at a ride down to Daytona for the spring bike week in March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment