Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 1 (Saturday, July 30) - Powhatan, VA to Spencer, WV - 351 miles

Ready to ride this morning
This was my picture as I was leaving this morning. Taken by my wife! (Notice the guineas in the background that even came out to see me off!!)


McDonalds in Amherst, VA
 My first stop was at McDonalds in Amherst, VA for a cup of "senior" coffee. I always stop there for a break, as it is about 70 miles into the trip or about one hour of riding. Plus there is a story with this particular McDonalds that I always remember. I stopped at this McDonalds many years ago right near when I turned 50 and ordered a coffee. The clerk said that will be 25 cents and I said "a coffee has to be more than that" and she then said "but sir, that is the price of our senior coffee"! That was the first time that anyone gave me the "senior price" for something without me asking. That was when I realized that I was getting "old"!!
The cockpit
 BTW, here is the "cockpit" that I will be looking at for the next couple of weeks. I got it well equipped!!


Stream in WV

Great 351 miles of motorcycle riding today. Did about 75% two lane roads and 25% interstates. Of course even the interstates in West Virginia are fun to ride on (they are like high speed Blue Ridge Parkways)! As normal, about everywhere I stopped someone would ask me where I was from and where I going and want to talk about how hot it is!! Made several stops in the mountains to look at the beautiful streams.

DINNER!
The cook!!


Made it to my destination and had a wonderful home cooked dinner with family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment