Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4 - Sunday

Make it to Lexington, KY today. Took my time and went on some scenic roads in Indiana. Ran upon Abe Lincoln's boyhood home National Park in southern Indiana.



 Just happened to see the sign as I was going by. Stopped, showed my annual park pass and did some walking around and took some pictures. It was interesting, as I never knew that Lincoln had lived in Indiana (from age 7 to 21). I always think of Illinois with Lincoln! (Hey Joe, got that picture of the train while I was there too, that you and I could never time right in North Dakota!). There were several people there, surprisingly, even one of the Park Rangers commented to me that it was not a well known park. I did talk to a couple from Indiana about my Alaska trip. (They just had to ask where I was coming from!!!). On to Powhatan tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment