Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

USA Four Corners Tour

The final plans are pretty well in place for our 2013 USA Four Corners motorcycle tour. Above is the US map showing the route to complete the tour in 21 days or less! My friend, Bill, on his 2006 Ultra Classic is going with me on the tour. We are planning to leave around May 29 for Madawaska, ME. That will be the starting point for the tour. Received the final "Starter Package" from the Southern California Motorcycling Association (SCMA) last week. My tour number is 015.



From Madawaska, we plan to ride back to Richmond for one night and get maintenance done on our bikes the next morning. Head on to Key West, FL then to San Ysidro, CA and then to Blaine, WA.

The estimated miles just to do the USA4CT is 6,800 miles. Should complete it in 17 days with an average of 400 miles/day (To get certified on the tour we need to complete it in 21 days or less). That is the average I have done on most of my past multiple day trips. The total round trip from home should be around 11,050 miles for 28 days.

This trip should also complete the rest of the 49 states that I will have ridden my motorcycle in. Only have 5 left as of today (I'm not counting Hawaii as I don't ever intend to ride my own motorcycle there!!):



I plan to do postings on the tour to this blog. May not make a posting every day!! You should be able to track us too on the SPOT tracking (Location Map) tab above too.

Anyone have any good tips on places to stop along the route, please let me know. I have a lot of places bookmarked already on my GPS, especially food stops (you will see the pictures)!!!



9 comments:

  1. Good to hear things are moving forward. Have a safe trip. I would love to meet you guys in Fort Pierce on one of your pass throughs. Ride Safe -- Have Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Gator, we expect to be coming through Fort Pierce on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 4. Fort Pierce is where we plan to move off of I95 onto the Florida Turnpike going down. Let me know if you are available then & where for a short meet & greet.

    A question for you, are there any alternatives for an out of state motorcycle on the Florida Turnpike to the payment of cash at the toll booths? I know on down in the Miami area it is toll by plate, so that is good, but I think there are still a lot of toll booths on the rest of the turnpike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can imagine there are a lot of options for gas and food at the I-95/Turnpike interchange. I will send you a PM on HDForums with my cell number to firm up a place and time that works best for you guys.

      The only toll option would be a Sunpass Prepaid account. The Sunpass Mini will not work on a motorcycle since the windshield is not glass. Once you have a tranponder there are lanes to pass through without slowing you down.

      https://www.sunpass.com/index



      Delete
  3. Generally the kind of traveling we get to be aware of makes sense in all the ways new york boston niagara falls is one of those activities which has an impressive way to a lot and that's what we find the most useful thing because in general it has a lot to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have a downloadable map

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what you are asking for? Map of what?

      Delete
  5. how much money did you spend in gas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and very good informative post. Thanks for sharing such a valuable information. meet and greet at Heathrow

    ReplyDelete