Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

USA4CT - Ride Day 0 - Tour Day 0 - May 28, 2013 - Tue

Start Time: 0600
Stop Time: 0600
Start Location: Richmond, VA
Stop Location: Richmond, VA
Lodging: Home
Miles Traveled Today: 0
Total Accumulated Miles: 0
Total USA4CT Miles: 0
Weather: mid 80's, 30% POP

Well, this time tomorrow morning, Bill and I will be READY for "Get your motor runnin' - Head out on the highway - Lookin' for adventure - And whatever comes our way"!!

This post title and stats at the top will be the format of each posting that I plan to do each day. Don't be surprised if I miss a day or two, based on internet access and how tired I may be at the end of the day, but I will try!!! Of course, I expect the miles traveled each day to be greater than 0!!!

WOW, the weather is shaping up to look great. Here is the weather forecast for the Richmond, VA area for the next 5 days. This will cover the time for our trip to Madawaska and heading back through Richmond on our way to Key West. I think we will be able to ride just fine in this kind of weather!!! Just hope it stays this nice!!
I have been following several riders on the USA4CT trip so far this year and most have had to do a LOT of riding in the rain and cold weather (geez, even some snow!!).

Will spend today finishing packing and loading the bags on the Harley.

Planning to meet and head out at 7 am tomorrow. We are allowing 3 days to get to Madawaska so it should be an easy ride. We are planning for 2 days coming back. Should arrive in Madawaska on Friday and we plan to spend the night there at Martin's Motel. Sounds like a neat place. I have also talked to Joe LaChance, the local curator/creator of the USA Four Corners Park and he is planning to meet Bill and I there on Friday for a tour and pictures.


Anyway, that is it for today, gotta finish packing and get ready to ROLL ME AWAY!!! Talk to you next On The Road Again!

2 comments:

  1. Jim, this is a great site to keep everyone posted. I wish I had been this innovative...maybe next time. Please give my best to Joe LaChance, he's a great guy and one who is very passionate about the Four Corners Park. I plan on making another trip there sometime in the future. You're going to have so much fun...can't wait to hear all about it.
    Harold Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,

    Safe riding, and will be looking forward to your daily ride reports. Was hoping to meet you as you passed through San Ysidro, however had to leave for Hawaii today on business and will not be back to San Diego until June 8th.

    Regards,
    Elliot

    ReplyDelete