Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 21, Wed – OBX Bike Week

I rode by myself in the rain. Left Powhatan around 1pm. Never rained hard, just pretty steady. Hit some road construction on RT 35 south of Petersburg and a lot of truck traffic on US 13 in NC, especially LOG TRUCKS. I had planned to stop at Whitley's BBQ in Murfreesboro for a sandwich but they were closed on Wed!! Did stop at the Franklin Depot and Tourist Center. Folks were very nice there and got my Motorcycle Tour of VA stamp. Heavy traffic for some odd reason coming out of Elizabeth City too. Stopped at Outer Banks HD shop at Point Harbor and got my Harley Tour stamp. Got there about 5:45pm and they were getting ready to close. Headed on down to the beach house we had rented for the week and got it "opened up". Very nice house, very tastefully decorated. Took off to find some BBQ for dinner. Founds a place near the house called Souey's BBQ. When I pulled into the parking lot they were closed. Saw a worked coming thru the front door and asked him if they were really closed and that I really wanted a BBQ sandwich, He said they were closed but come on in and he would fix me a sandwich and some french fries. Very nice folks there and some great BBQ! (Eastern Carolina style!!) That pretty much made the day. Got my rainsuit drying out and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment